Tuesday, 14 June 2016

Student Spotlight: Studying Skratching online with DJ Qbert

gemini belt drive turntableZSonic has been an ArtistWorks student for over 2 years now... We asked him about his experience studying skratching online with DJ Qbert, and here's what he had to say: 

One of my early exposures to skratch music was The X-Ecutioners debut album, X-Pressions. The year was 1999 and I was 16. I purchased it on vinyl a few months after getting my first set of Gemini starter turntables. It opened my mind to a world of musical skratch composition, I was inspired! I practiced skratching every day for about 5 years. But without instruction or quality focus, my skratch practice fizzled out and I got more into mixing and making beats

Then around 2013 I wanted to incorporate more skratching into my production. But my cuts were rusty, and my rhythms were loose. Hungering for improvement, I researched online skratch lessons. That was when I discovered Qbert Skratch University at ArtistWorks. Thankfully, my mom bought me a 12 month subscription for Christmas. It's been over two years now, and I still ain't quittin'. It's the gift that keeps on giving!

read more



Original Content: Student Spotlight: Studying Skratching online with DJ Qbert

No comments:

Post a Comment