Wednesday, 9 March 2016

George Whitty on Working with Santana

santana live on stage at woodstock

One day in about 1998, I got a call from someone asking if I was available to do some recording with Carlos Santana. Rodney Holmes, who was then playing drums with Carlos, had recommended me. They were recording at Electric Lady in Manhattan, and of course I was available to record with Carlos Santana - as a true believer I was thrilled to get called. That was right around a time, also, where I had become quite obsessed with Woodstock (the original, of course!), making various pilgrimages up to the site, reading several books, grooving on the excellent documentary almost nightly.  And of course Carlos really lit that festival on fire. 

read more



Original Content: George Whitty on Working with Santana

No comments:

Post a Comment