Thursday, 10 December 2015

Talking Country Guitar with Guthrie Trapp

talking country guitar with guthrie trappHow did you get started playing guitar?

I grew up in a very musically rich family. My parents did not play instruments, but my uncle was a self taught musician and I really looked up to him. Me being an only child, he was like an older brother to me. My parents however listened to a ton of great music. I was not raised on Top 40 radio by any means. A lot of folk, blues, country, bluegrass, jazz and some rock was what I heard from birth. I think that's what instills the sound and feel of music in our hearts as infants and young children.

Being in that environment, I was drawn to the instruments that were always around. I first noodled on the harmonica and then picked up guitar and later mandolin - that was around 7 years old I think. I started really diving into guitar and mandolin from about 10-13 years old.

read more



Original Content: Talking Country Guitar with Guthrie Trapp

No comments:

Post a Comment