Thursday, 6 August 2015

How to play C major scale on the Piano

Scales are incredibly important for piano students to develop not only a strong technique, but also a foundational understanding of the language of music itself. In this new blog series, I will be teaching all the major and related minor scales on the piano, beginning with the C major scale. My "visual mnemonic" is possibly the most unique way to quickly learn to play C major scale with both hands together. I also go over the 2 main finger and hand techniques needed for smooth connections between the notes. In short, I think you'll find this to be the best way to learn your C major scale and begin unlocking the building blocks of music and strong piano technique. 

I will introduce new scales and arpeggios each week, so stay tuned! I look forward to your Video Exchange posts on this scale!

 



Original Content: How to play C major scale on the Piano

No comments:

Post a Comment