1) Our debut album - Music Matters: Celebrating 140 Characters - is now available on iTunes, Google Play, Spotify and Amazon Music
Read more about the album here:
2) Many of our choirs are taking a break for the month of August
We are planning some NEW musical projects for people of ALL ages and abilities, as well as running our current choirs, from September onwards!
- Youth Choir, at The Grainstore, Cabinteely, Dublin 18
- Music Lessons & Rap/ Hip Hop Workshops
Individual & group lessons in drums, guitar, ukulele, keyboard and singing starting in Work Options/ St Michael's House, Green St (near Capel St/ Bolton St) - Dublin 7
Temper-Mental MissElayneous will also facilitate workshops in rap and hip-hop, also at Work Options
- Transgender Community Choir
This choir is inclusive of people who identify as transgender or gender fluid. It is expected that rehearsals will recommence in September/ October.
More info, contact: Mel Duffy, Phone: +353 1 700 5833 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gráinne O'Grady, Phone: +353 87 980 3020 or email: email@example.com
Read more about this choir:
- Memory Lane Choir - Crumlin
This choir is taking a break for August. Rehearsals will resume on Wednesday 9th September (11.00 AM – 12.30 PM) at St Agnes’ Community Centre for Music & Arts in Crumlin. New members, especially those with dementia or memory loss and their families, friends, neighbours and carers are welcome – just drop in or call the Dublin City Council – Crumlin Area Office on 01-222 5504
Read more about this choir:
3) Sabrina, one of our amazing volunteers, will cycle 100 Km during the Great Dublin Bike Ride to raise much needed funds for Music Matters. The Great Dublin Bike Ride takes place on Sunday 13th September 2015. We can give details for bank transfer, PayPal, cheque, cash....show your support for cycling Sabrina!
Regular updates will be posted on the "Sponsor Sabrina's 100 Km Cycle for Music Matters" Facebook page. All monies raised will go directly to the costs of running Music Matters' inclusive community choirs. Thank you Sabrina!
4) On Wednesday 29th July 2015, a wonderful afternoon of music making and collaboration took place at St John of God Carmona Services, Glenageary
We were delighted to welcome The Young Naperville Singers, who had travelled all the way from Naperville, Illinois, USA and it was our pleasure to host such an amazing choir
5) Calling ALL Singers, Choirs, Music Groups and Schools!
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council and Music Matters invites YOU to take part in "The Big Sing!" in October 2015
To Celebrate Social Inclusion Week and the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music", come join us for a fantastic FREE fun event for ALL the family!
DATE: Sunday 11th October, 2.00 - 4.00 PM
VENUE: Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin
Facebook event page:
A Printable PDF version of our August 2015 Newsletter can also be viewed or downloaded from below:
Original Content: Choir Newsletter - August 2015!