1) Be Part Of ... One Choir, One Community, No Divides, ALL Abilities!
Music Matters Inclusive Community Choirs are looking for new members!
- Work Options/ St Michael's House (Mondays 11.45 AM - 1.00 PM)
- St John of God Community Choir - Glenageary, (Wednesdays 2.00 - 3.00 PM)
- MACRO Community Resource Centre Choir (Wednesdays 6.00 - 8.00 PM)
Read more about our choirs:
2) On Sunday 14th June, Music Matters, and members of our Musical Memories and Memory Lane Choirs, travelled to the beautiful "Marble City" of Kilkenny. This trip was made possible with thanks to the Irish Rail "Journey's on Us" initiative.
We had an action-packed day - singing alongside Kilkenny Gospel Choir at MacDonagh Junction Shopping Centre, being filmed for Irish TV and seeing a spectacular show "Movie Mayhem" at The Watergate Theatre
3) Memory Lane is our newest choir - which welcomes older people, especially those with dementia or memory loss, along with their families, friends, neighbours and carers
The choir rehearses in St Agnes' Community Centre for Music & Arts, (behind St Agnes' Primary School), Armagh Rd, Crumlin, Dublin 12 - most Wednesdays, 11.00 AM - 12.30 PM
We are delighted to work in partnership with Dublin City Council - Crumlin Area Office and St Agnes' Community Centre for Music & Arts, on this fantastic community initiative
Memory Lane is now on Facebook:
4) Calling ALL Singers, Choirs, Music Groups and Schools!
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council and Music Matters invites YOU to take part in "The Big Sing!" in October 2015
To Celebrate Social Inclusion Week and the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music", come join us for a fantastic FREE fun event for ALL the family!
DATE: Sunday 11th October, 2.00 - 4.00 PM
VENUE: Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin
Facebook event page:
A Printable PDF version of our July 2015 Newsletter can also be viewed or downloaded from below:
Original Content: Choir Newsletter - July 2015!